Friday, February 26, 2016

Five for Friday!

What a week! So glad it is Friday.  Love my class this year, but boy do I work hard.  Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week.




My mom came in last weekend for an extended visit!  She has several grandkids in town and is thinking of moving here.  Happy to have her near and have had a great week helping her get situated.


Formal evaluation time at my school!  I feel like it went really well.  My students were on their best behavior and hit the learning targets out of the park.  I also learned a few things that will help me improve my teaching.  Beefing up my teaching portfolio was a lot of work, but made me feel accomplished.  So lucky to work where I work.


I got some of my pottery back from the bisque fire.  I am still a beginner, but these turned out amazing!  Can't wait to glaze them.


Soup Bowl


Pie Plate


Salad Plate


Having a hobby outside of teaching has been great for me.  I put so much in at school, that having a creative outlet just for fun is necessary.




Pajamas and a movie night!  Watching the intern.  Have you seen it?  Make sure you have tissues near.  Made me cry.






Reviewed my list of 40 things to do in the year I turn 40.  I have already completed 11!  So fun.  Looking forward to #'s 11, 12, and 13 over Spring Break.  Don't be jealous!  I have been penny pinching for quite a while.  2 weeks on the other side of the world here I come. 

 Have a great weekend everyone!






8 comments:

  1. We just had one our informal evaluations at school this past week and I almost died when my principal walked in during snack, but it turned out alright. :)
    Casey
    CasedillaCrumbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That always happens! Or when they walk in and you are having tech problems...Ugh. Good thing they are people too!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of creating a list of things to do throughout the year you turn 40! Super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My students loved it too. We shared a few that we had accomplished recently. They are working as hard as I am.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am officially addicted! If I didn't have such a busy life I would be at the pottery studio every day.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pottery looks great! I'm not that ambitious, but I have been crocheting a blanket. I'm not very good at it, and there it definitely isn't perfect. It's relaxing though. I was able to get both of my formal observations done before Christmas. My principal's wife was expecting a baby, so he wanted to do as much as he could before then! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete